Illinois Tech's University Archives and Special Collections (UASC) is collecting journal and diary entries, emails, photographs, videos, voice memos and audio recordings, and other digital evidence of the ongoing situation around COVID-19, including being displaced from student housing, working from home, the shift to online learning, social distancing, and self-quarantine.
- We are interested in perspectives from across the Illinois Tech community, including students, faculty, and staff. What you contribute is up to you; you may choose to submit poetry or prose, voice memos, photographs, videos, music, or any other means of documenting your thoughts or experience during this unqiue moment in the history of Illinois Tech and the world.
- Preservation and future access to your contributions will be made easier if you use a common file format, so we ask that contributions are submitted in broadly used file formats (e.g., pdf, jpeg, Microsoft Word document, mp3, mp4, etc.) if possible.
- Please do not submit any work for which you are not at least a co-creator, and please document any other co-creators of the work so that we can credit all creators appropriately and ensure that we have the permission we need to take in and preserve the work.
- Please follow all campus, city, and/or state regulations related to COVID-19 in creating your submission.
How to contribute
- Please complete our Google form to submit your contributions and answer a few basic questions about copyright and the material you're submitting.
- You will be asked to agree to a statement that allows UASC to preserve your submission and make it available in the future.
- You will also be asked to agree to a statement regarding personal health information that may be included in your submission. Please email email@example.com with any questions about the project or the submission process.
What happens next
Materials submitted as part of this initiative will not be made immediately available. UASC staff will process the submissions, and eventually that may be made available to on-site researchers, via web pages or exhibits, or in Illinois Tech's insitutional repository.
Please email University Archives and Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the project or how to contribute.
Visit Illinois Tech's COVID-19 website for up-to-date information regarding university plans and policies as well as important information regarding COVID-19 from government authorities.